Sunday, October 13, 2013

DIY BRANDY MELVILLE MOON PHASE TANK

Hello my pumpkins! Wow, that sounds weirder than I thought it would. Today we're going to DIY the Brandy Melville Moon Phase tank that is around $20.
SWERVE, who has $20 for a tank that could be made for under $8? 



You'll need:
1. Black t-shirt/tank
2. White acrylic paint
3. Metallic gray paint (optional)
4. Q-tips
5. Rubbing alcohol
6. Old magazines
7. Paintbrush, sponge
8. A cup of water
9. A piece of cardboard/thick paper


Okay here we go! 
This first step is only for those with a black T-SHIRT. Cut off the sleeves to make it a tank. Next you're going to find a cup or something with a 6 CM DIAMETER and trace it onto the cardboard. Then you're going to cut it out and that's our stencil for the moons. Then this is super important: PLACE THE OLD MAGAZINES INSIDE THE TANK. Now pour out some paint and make sure you have a picture of the shirt somewhere handy to refer to. Just eyeball it to the best of your ability, it doesn't have to look 100% professional. You can use the sponge to fill the moon in and the paintbrush to smooth out the edges (that's what I tried). The gray is for making the craters on the moons, but after a while I just gave up on that. Now if you made mistakes, don't worry, all is not lost. Grab some rubbing alcohol and Q-tips, pour, and dab/scrape until the paint comes off. I also read that the Clorox wipes will work in a pinch as well, but I didn't try that out.
The painting is the fun/super long part but afterwards, try it out (or have a dance party in it) and then iron it before you throw it in the wash. After that you're done! And you just saved yourself $12 too; enough to get a lot of Jamba Juice.
Okay, until next time! See you later! 





thoughts to myself: "arghhhh what have I gotten myself into? also now my leggings are covered in lint."

"ahhhhhh i messed up the third one so much, i don't know what to do now. okay, let's google how to remove acrylic paint." 

"i got paint everywhere on this. this looks so bad that i wouldn't even let my cat wear this. ah why did i decide i would blog this? now they're gonna laugh at me and my terrible painting skills."

"BAM, rubbing alcohol is my savior. time to have my dance party and post this! holllllllla." 

No comments:

Post a Comment